Configuring Website - Linking with Artifi Engine
Login to the admin Panel and go to System>Configuration. Then click on the Artifi Settings below the “personalize module” tab in the left and then click the artifi module settings. Now put the website code, web api client key and scripts provided by the artifi labs. These settings are mandatory.
Configuring Artifi Product in Magento - Linking with Artifi Engine
Login to the admin Panel and go to Catalog->Manage Products.
To make product as Personalize product: Need to select “Yes” as option for Is Artifi Product? Setting under product’s General Tab.
If is Artifi Product? is set to “Yes” then the product will act as a personalized product.
If is Artifi Product? is set to “No” then the product will act as a normal product.
There is another setting below that - “Is Artifi Personalization Optional?” - means a product can act as Personalize product as well as normal product at the same time.
If is Artifi Product? is set to “Yes” and If Is Artifi Personalization Optional? is set to “Yes” then the product will act as a personalized product as well as normal product, means, end user can even personalize it or can add directly to cart without making any personalization.
If is Artifi Product? is set to “Yes” and If Is Artifi Personalization Optional? is set to “No” then the product will act as a personalized product only, means, product need to be go through personalization functionality before adding to cart.
Refer below screen for personalization settings for product.
Types of Products Supported for Personalization
As these settings are global in scope, product will be having above mentioned settings related to product personalization for all types of products in Magento, but will work only for above mentioned product types.
Important Considerations When Setting Configurable Products as Personalized
- If we need to setup any configurable product as personalized, please refer below conditions:
- If configurable product is already present in the catalog before Artifi module integration then it can be normally set up as personalized product from products general tab as mentioned in the screen.
- For new configurable product, need to choose attribute (if required to choose) other then Artifi attributes since, if artifi attribute is selected, then it will not reflect for edit product settings or update settings, hence always need to choose attribute other then artifi attributes at initial settings while creating configurable product. please refer sample screen below (other than artifi attributes other attributes may vary at your end)
From the above, never choose / check any of the options from Artifi attributes such as Is Artifi Product? or Is Artifi Personalization Optional? While creating a new configurable product, rather choose what attributes need to set as variants (as shown in the box above – color, size, etc)
Also, never change the settings for Artifi attributes as “Use to create Configurable product” to No from attributes settings.
- Note: The SKU of the product must always match with the sku of the product on the artifi server (both for simple and configurable products).
- Example: If Magento is having a Simple product with sku as “artifi” then Artifi Server also need to have product set with same sku as “artifi”.
If Magento product is having its configurable product with sku “artifi-config” and its associated products (Variants) sku as “artifi-config-red” and “artifi-config-blue” then Artifi server also need same parent product sku (sku is also known as productcode as in Artifi Engine) as “artifi-config” and its associated (variants) product’s sku as “artifi-config-red” and “artifi-config-blue”.