Navigate to: Merchandise > Decoration Method
The Decoration Method is a new feature developed in Artifi Admin. This provision is specially intended to facilitate the admin users to choose different Decorations Methods based on their requirements (like Embroidery, Screen Print, Emboss, Heat Transfer, etc.).
The admin users will have the option to define or set their own Decoration Method(s). It will provide the option to choose from the rendering engines offered by the Artifi solution. Based on the type of rendering engine selected and the Decoration Method opted by the user the workflow will be defined. This choice of selecting Decoration Method is an important one.
For instance, if an Artifi customer decides to create a Decoration method as embroidery and then use the embroidery rendering engine with the associated decoration method(s) they would be easily able to do that, or on the flip side, they may choose to go with the Artifi default rendering in combination with the default decoration method or other similar decoration methods(that are supported by the default rendering engine).
- Note: Embroidery will work only for the layouts where the customer has opted for it. If the layout has been created and later on customers ask for embroidery there will be some work that needs to be performed to enable it.
The Rendering Engine is nothing but a piece of software that works in the background to process a specific response from the user. In the case of Artifi, there are two kinds of requests that need to be processed differently based on whether the expected output to be generated is embroidered or non-embroidered. Based on this classification a solution is defined which is called a Rendering Engine that allows it to cater to such requests. This idea is expressed at a high level here just to explain the complete workflow.
Inputs for Decoration Methods
- For using embroidery, the Artifi Administrator is expected to upload a .TCH (thread chart) file in the Thread-Chart section under the Merchandise menu for colors.
- The input (bitmap - raster) files that are supported for embroidery in Artifi are as follows:
- The input (vector) files that are supported for embroidery in Artifi are as follows:
Outputs for Decoration Methods
- The output files are based on the rendering engine selected by the user. Let us assume that the user has chosen the embroidery rendering engine then the expected output files to look for in the output files section would be the EMB, DST, and Embroidery Worksheet (i.e. a PDF file).
- Otherwise, in the case of the Default rendering engine, the expected output files to look for (in the output section) should be the PDF, PDF (Preview), PDF (Corel), PDF (Pantone), PNG (Full Color), PNG (1 BIT), EPS, SVG, SVGz.
Limitations of Decoration Methods
- For the decoration methods, there is a limitation in uploading the file size. Since Artifi supports max file size upload up to 2MB. It means that the user must upload files less than 2MB. This is a limitation of embroiderer auto-digitization.
- For decoration methods, the concept of design persistence doesn't apply, as of now. So for the Artifi user, design persistence will not be possible for any of the decoration methods.
- For Embroidery, we support a maximum area size of up to 22500 square millimeters.
- For Embroidery, we support a minimum area size of up to 100 square millimeters.
- For Embroidery, we support a pixel count of up to 5,000,000 pixels (For Vector files, EWA calculates pixel count in 300 DPI).