This document describes the specific details you would want to enter/observe in Artifi Admin before you start your integration with Artifi.
Before Getting Your Integration Started
- Your Artifi license should be active.
- Your eCommerce products are/are going to be created in the Artifi Admin.
- Key value details like your eCommerce Product's SKU, Product Code should be the same in Artifi.
- Your eCommerce integration website and production environment should exist (and be whitelisted) within your Artifi account.
- You will need the following integration parameters to launch Artifi from your eCommerce webstore
INTEGRATION POINTS TO NOTE IN THE ARTIFI ADMIN
We assume that you have created the products in artifi server which you want to make available to user to customize them before they buy. While creating the product, you filled the product code in product creation form, that product code has essential role in customizing the product. Product code is mandatory in product creation because Artifi use this code to load product in Artifi editor. This product code should be same as of the product present in your ecommerce site.
While calling Artifi editor to customize the product, you have to specify the product code in the call, this will open the product whose code will match in the Artifi editor and user will be able to customize that product.
- Note: Please make sure the product code should be same on both the server (Artifi and your ecommerce website) This may happen that the product code for T-shirt in your website may get matched with code of other product (viz, Greeting card) in Artifi, and other product (Greeting card) will get open in Artifi editor, which will be the bad user experience.
- Usage: Product code will be used to call the Artifi editor for the particular product. Artifi will use this product code and the product present in Artifi account with this code will get opened in Artifi editor and user can then be able to customize that product.
Combinations of Attribute values forms product's variants. SKUs are the unique codes of different variants of the product. Similar to the product code, SKU (product variant code) should also be the same on Artifi server and your ecommerce website because SKU can also be used to make a call to the Artifi engine.
Whenever your ecommerce website will make a call to Artifi engine, You have to specify the product code or the SKU in the call. If SKU will be specified in the call, particular variant of the product will get opened in the Artifi editor. If the SKU will not be specified, the product with the code specified in the call will get open in Artifi editor. This means the priority will be given to the SKU.
SKU represents the particular variant of the product.
Attribute/Value Code, and Key Value
Attributes such as color, sizes of the product and their values should should have matching code values in Artifi and your eCommerce platform. Attributes and values are useful in changing the variants of the product from Artifi editor screen. Combinations of the values in attribute, forms product variants.
Shoppers can change the variant of the product by changing the Attribute Values from the dropdown in Artifi editor.
Attribute value code will be mapped with your ecommerce website. This will be sent back to ecommerce website on adding product to cart or saving customized product. When user add product to cart or save the customized product Artifi sends a key value pair of Attribute and its value to your ecommerce website.
- For example: <Attribute_Name / Attribute_Code> : <Attribute_Value_Code / Attribute_Value>
The priority will be given to Code. Code is not the mandatory field to be present in attribute and its value, If Code will not be present, attribute name and its value will be sent back to the ecommerce website after adding product to the cart or on saving the customized product.
The Key Value field in the Attribute will be used to calculate the price of the product. There may be differences in the prices of the different variant of the product. You can set the different prices for different variants depending on the key value field of the Attribute. Key Value field for many/all values of attribute can be same. Changing the variant of the product by changing the attribute values from the dropdown, Artifi makes a call to get the price of the product variant to your ecommerce website. Artifi will send the key value of the attribute value in a call to get the price for specific variant depending on key values. Key values can be same for multiple attribute values.
While creating/editing website in Artifi server, the form contains some important fields that needs to be note down in order to interact with the Artifi engine. Website represents the stores in your ecommerce website. Creating the website in Artifi server means creating the profile of your ecommerce website’s store.
Production Web Api Accessible Domain / IP: This will be the domain name or ip of your ecommerce website. Artifi will accept the request that will come from the domain specified in this field. This means, Artifi checks all the incoming request, if the request is from specified domain (registered in Artifi), then only Artifi server will respond to the particular request.
Production Price Integration URL
This is the url that will bring the price from your ecommerce website.
- For example: In artifi editor, if change the variant of the product (color, size etc) by changing the attributes of the product from the dropdown, Artifi will make a call to the price url specified in the field “Production Price Integration url”, to get the price of the particular variant of the product.
This will be generated after creating the website on Artifi server, will be important element to call the Artifi engine. You can assign as many products to the particular website in the Artifi account. The product that needs to be customized should be assigned to the active website in Artifi. While calling the Artifi editor for the particular product you have to specify the assigned website id in the call.
Unique Client Key
When any company gets registered with Artifi, Artifi will generate a special and unique key for that company which will be called as client key. Client key will be unique for each client and will be used to identify the particular client.
This client key will be found in registered company's profile tab in Artifi Account. This client key will be used for client(company) authentication and will be called as WebApiClientKey.
While making a call to the Artifi engine, you have to specify the client key in the parameter “WebApiClientKey” in the call, Artifi will check this client key, authenticate the client and then perform the further operation.